Innovation / High-efficiency / Sincerity
The construction of the data center is gradually improved with the advancement of technology. For example, in order to avoid internal part's overheating of the data center cabinet, an air conditioning system will be provided. The air passages will be deployed, the heat will be taken away in time. However, the heating power of different devices is different. If a high-power device is placed in a local area, local overheating may still occur, which brings security risks to the data center.
How to avoid local overheating in the daily management of the data center? The following solutions are available as reference.
#1 Major Reasons for Partial Overheating of The Data Center Cabinet
1、The air supply volume of the perforated floor corresponding to a single cabinet does not match the air volume required for the IT equipment inside of the cabinet；
2、The unoccupied U-space gap in the cabinet causes temperature rising inside the cabinet；
3、The gap between adjacent cabinets in the same column causes temperature rising inside the cabinet；
4、The space between the bottom of the cabinet and the electrostatic floor causes temperature rising inside the cabinet；
5、Improper matching of heat load and input cooling capacity；
6、The cabinet hole density does not match the equipment air volume；
7、The hot air generated by the old equipment in the cabinet cannot be effectively discharged, by which eddy currents in the cabinet is resulted. That causes high pressure and high temperature, consequently local high heat is formed.
#2 Available Solutions.
There are two traditional solutions for Partial Overheating of The Data Center Cabinet, one is increasing the cooling capacity of the entire room, while by this energy consumption is also increased; the other is increasing rack-mounted precision air conditioning, while not only the cost rises much in this way, but also the deployment period is extended and the deployment is more difficult.
Based on years'experience, Sunwe summarized the following 7 points to solve the problem of partial overheating of the cabinet. Detail as below:
1. Use guided ventilating panels and manual dampers to divert the cold airflow so that 90% of the cooling is directed to the equipment;
2. Block the unoccupied U position to prevent airflow disordering;
3. Block the gap between adjacent cabinets in the same column;
4. Block the space between the bottom of the cabinet and the electrostatic floor to prevent hot current flow back;
5. Equip with a certain amount of cooling allowance, according to the principle that the heat dissipation failure of one single air conditioner does not affect the normal operation of the equipment in the area；
6. Add cooling unit to increase wind flow rate and quantity;
7. Optimize the matching between air supply and equipment demand (this indicator should ensure no local overheating in the cabinet due to insufficient air volume. In general, the total regional air supply should be controlled between 90% and 110% of the total demand. ). Adjust the perforated floor opening rate, measure the air volume, provide supply according to the equipment demand.
The above content is to improve the local overheating of the cabinet by modifying the local environment of the data center. However, in reality, no matter which kind of solution is to be adopted, it is necessary to analyze and deploy the corresponding solutions in combination with the actual situation of the data center in order to build a safer, stabler, more efficient and energy-saving data center.
Version by Sunwe Technology Co.,LTD.